I have utterly surprised myself by making a meal. Two meals, even. But last night in the midst of world questing, my bf begged to use my computer for work stuff. (In fairness, he earnestly needed it and I ended up reinstalling his OS in addition to cooking. But I digress.)
So somehow I got into my head that I would try some “slow carb” recipes. Longer story. Short story is that I made breakfast for the next week! Here goes:
Egg wake and bake
This recipe is enough for two people for 3 days. I’m sure you could muffin-ize it too.
❖ 1 lb breakfast sausage
❖ 1 can black beans
❖ 5 oz baby spinach
❖ 1 /2 cup salsa
❖ 1 dozen eggs
❖ 8 oz carton of egg whites
1. Preheat the oven to 325. Grease a 13×9 baking pan.
2. Brown breakfast sausage in a large skillet.
3. Once the sausage is done add beans and spinach and saute until the spinach is wilted.
4. Layer sausage mixture evenly along the bottom of the pan.
5. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, and salsa. Pour egg mixture over sausage filling
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until the center is no longer jiggly and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
I’m gonna try to vegetatianize it at some point. I think a veggie sausage could work.